- PADI e_learning & pool training sessions with PADI certified Instructors
- All necessary PADI training materials
- PADI Diver’s Log and Training Record
- Full equipment rentals (tank, regulator, BCD, weights, and mask/fins/snorkel)
- Free DAN Diver Insurance for your Open Water Checkout dives – conditions apply
What you are going to learn
The first step to getting your certification is to attend a one-weekend session at our World Class dive training facility in Richmond Hill. In one weekend you will complete the PADI certified Open Water Diver course (academic and pool requirements). Scuba 2000 is the only dive training facility in the GTA that has its own private training pool on site. Our weekend course is all-inclusive, that means we provide all of the books, materials, and gear you need for the weekend (we even provide lunch!). There are no hidden costs involved. You won’t need to rent gear for the class and pool sections of the course as we supply this for you free of charge.
We are proud to say that we are rated as a PADI 5 Star Instructor Development Centre, meaning you can be sure our training is of the highest standard and in line with global standards.
Scuba 2000 Training program is designed to fit your needs – learn by watching videos on your smartphone, tablet or laptop.
We also accommodate students with special needs, simply call us, and we will work with you to accommodate your needs.
Our list of certified teachers and instructors speak French, Cantonese, Italian, Spanish and some other languages and training may be conducted in your preferred language, just call us and lets make this work.
You will learn to use basic scuba gear, including a mask, snorkel, fins, regulator, buoyancy control device and a tank.
What You’ll Need?
- Must be at least 10 years of age
- Be able to float or tread water for 10 minutes and
- Be in good physical health (Review the medical form HERE)
- A bathing suit and a towel
What Do I Need?
- We provide all the equipment you will need for the weekend.
Weekend Schedule eLearning Option
Saturday – 10:00 am – 2:00 pm
Sunday – 8:30 am – 12:30 pm
The approximate duration of the PADI online theory is 6-8 hours.
Private Course Option:
If you cannot make it on a weekend or if you prefer a Private Course Option or tailored options are available. Simply call and speak to a staff member at Scuba 2000.Tailored to meet your schedule and needs
Please Note: You must complete 4 Open Water dives within 1 year of your class and pool training to receive your PADI Open Water Diver certification. If it has been longer than a year, you will need to successfully complete a Refresher course before you can do the open water certification dives.
- Open Water certification dives are available from June until October.
- Open Water certification are also available on our Tropical Dive Trips.
Book your course with us and get:
- $75 Voucher towards purchase of a Mask, Fins, Snorkel, Boots Package.
- $50 Voucher towards purchase of a dive computer.
- $50 Voucher towards purchase of a PADI Continuing Education Course
- FREE one-year membership to Scuba 2000’s Dive Team Pool (Value $99)
See Dive Team benefits HERE
- FREE access to our in-house tropical pool every see schedule HERE All Gear included!