- A delayed Surface Marker Buoy (dSMB or SMB) is an essential piece of equipment for any diver
- One pool & classroom three hour session
- Only requires two Open Water Dives in a with an instructor
- Full gear rental included in the pool session
Not including dSMB and reel
- Must be a certified diver
- 12 years or older
This course price includes:
User manual & course materials
Whether diving with just your buddy or with a guided group, being seen by the boat from a distance is essential for your safety. Its also to easy to get separated from the boat and your DSMB will ensure the boat can easily find you and pick you up.
As you get deeper into diving, you will quickly learn the importance of alerting people on the surface to your location underwater. – Whether you need to summon the boat to pick you up after a dive, find a missing buddy, ascend without a fixed reference line, warn off boat traffic or even request extra cylinders.
This course will teach you how to easily, safely and reliably deploy a dSMB; giving you the peace of mind that you are comfortable using this essential piece of equipment whenever you may need to.
What you are going to learn?
- The uses of a SMB or dSMB
- Reel – the advantages and disadvantages of various types of
- Deployment of a dSMB from underwater
- Considerations of deployment location based on hazards and current conditions
- Preparation of equipment before and after deployment
- Typically we run the academic and pool portion of the course on an evening weekday.
Following with two check out dives on a Saturday
2019 dSMB dives :
- June 8th 2019
- July 13th 2019
- Aug 17th 2019
- Sept 21st 2019
need to change the date for the diving?
no problem – call us – 905-771-1500
What You Will Need?
- Hold a PADI (Junior) Open Water Diver or higher certification
- Be 12 years or older.
- scuba equipment (mask, snorkel, fins, BCD, regulator, weights, tanks, exposure suit and dive computer)
- dSMB and reel are available for purchase at the shop .
- We offer Open Water dSMB students a rental package priced at $80 for the day. This includes your wetsuit ,two air tanks, weights, BCD, regulator with integrated computer, hood and gloves.
- If you do not own a mask, snorkel, fin and boots, it is an extra $60 for the weekend.