Be a leader who mentors and motivates
Want to be a dive professional? Take the plunge into professional diving by becoming a PADI Divemaster. Once certified, you’ll be able to confidently lead groups of certified divers and assist instructors in training uncertified students.
Our divemaster program is less of a course and more of an experience. You’ll be trained by seasoned instructors on how to assist students in the pool and in open water. The program consists of knowledge development and pool sessions, as well as an “internship” where you’ll get to work with students in a multitude of scenarios.
What You’ll Need
- Hold a Rescue Diver certification from PADI or equivalent from another recognized scuba diver training organization
- Must be 18 years or older at the start of the course
- Emergency First Response Primary and Secondary Care valid within last two years
- Logged at least 40 scuba dives to begin the course and 60 dives to earn certification
- Medically evaluated and cleared for diving by a physician within last 12 months
- Completed the DM Online E-Learning Course
As a dive professional, you’ll want to have all your basic scuba equipment, including a dive computer, a dive knife, and at least two surface signaling devices. During practical skills exercises, like underwater mapping and search and recovery, you’ll use a compass, floats, marker buoys, lift bags and slates. Your PADI Instructor may suggest additional gear that will be useful throughout your diving career.